Albany, NY 12207
- New York Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- State of New York
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Telesurgery: An Integrated Legal-Bioethical Approach, Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology
- App Permissions, Shadow Profiles and Other Potential Risks to Client Confidentiality, New York State Bar Association Journal
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2021
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute, B.S. Nanoscale Engineering, 2018
- Hudson Valley Community College, A.S. Biological Sciences, 2015
Tyler S. Rexhouse
Tyler S. Rexhouse is an intellectual property attorney who prosecutes patents for clients in the areas of electronics, microelectronics, semiconductors, photonics and nanotechnology. Tyler helps companies and inventors through the entire prosecution process, including determining patentability, drafting and filing patent applications, handling office actions, obtaining allowance as well as advising clients in managing their patent portfolios. Tyler employs a close attention to detail, thorough analytical skills and a holistic approach to devising patent prosecution strategies. Additionally, his litigation background informs critical decision making as clients protect ideas, processes and products. Tyler’s thorough understanding of how to achieve strong patents helps clients minimize any potential challenges to patents over time.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Tyler was a law clerk with Hoffman Warnick during law school. He has experience drafting and negotiating contracts, performing legal research, and drafting pleadings, memoranda and affidavits. Tyler also interned at the State University of New York Research Foundation drafting patent applications and office action responses, license agreements and working on other projects within the scientific community. Prior to attending law school, Tyler worked as a Physical Failure Analysis Technician for GlobalFoundries, identifying root causes of failure in 14nm and 7nm silicon IC devices. This direct reverse engineering experience provides Tyler with excellent hands-on experience and understanding of the science behind patentable inventions.