V-Card: Justine M. Wilbur
Albany, NY 12207
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, M.S., Chemistry
- Boston College, B.S., Chemistry
Justine M. Wilbur
Justine is a patent attorney who assists with patent prosecution for both domestic and international clients. For more than ten years, she has focused on drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the areas of organic compounds, resins, ceramics, polymers, thin films, alloys, light-emitting materials, nanomaterials, textiles, coatings, compositions, semiconductor devices, image forming devices, inks, toners, adhesives, metal working, catalysts, glass manufacturing, batteries, plastic/nonmetallic article shaping, solid surface cleaning compositions, bio-affecting compounds, pharmaceuticals, plant protection and regulation, food/edible materials. Justine has also written patentability, freedom to operate, invalidity, and non-infringement opinions, as well as pre-appeal requests and appeal briefs.
Justine has prosecuted hundreds of domestic and international patent applications to grant/issuance, responded to countless U.S. Patent and Trademark Office actions, led numerous personal and telephonic interviews with Patent Examiners, and conducted oral hearings before administrative patent judges at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Prior to practicing law, Justine was a scientist, managing a drug discovery resynthesis team and collaborating with well-known pharmaceutical companies. Her team’s focus was on cancer therapeutic drugs. Justine’s experience also includes both combinatorial and non-combinatorial chemical assays, as well as Mapping Array and Directed Array programs, including the AMAP Chemistry Operating System.
While in law school, Justine spent a summer in the Sweden Program at Lund University studying international law before obtaining her J.D. in the Intellectual Property Law concentration from Suffolk University Law School.
- Preparing patent applications for companies across various technical fields.
- Prosecutes and manages patent application portfolios of varying sizes during their pendency in the United States and abroad.
- Works with foreign affiliate law firms to represent clients on foreign prosecution matters.
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association