V-Card: Amanda J Smith
Albany, NY 12207
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Albany Law School, J.D., Intellectual Property concentration with honors
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh, B.S. in Chemistry, cum laude
Amanda J. Smith
Amanda Smith’s practice encompasses patent and trademark application preparation and prosecution, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and registerability and patentability opinions. Her technical experience includes integrated circuit design and fabrication, turbomachinery, medical devices and the chemical arts. Amanda represents clients ranging from independent inventors to large corporate entities.
Prior to joining Hoffman Warnick, Amanda was an intellectual property intern at AngioDynamics, Inc. in Latham, New York where she was involved with patent preparation and prosecution, due diligence research, and research and advising relating to intellectual property and other legal matters. She also served as an intern at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Technology Commercialization Office where she worked closely with inventors to identify patentable inventions. As a student at Albany Law School, Amanda performed prior art searches for start-up companies out of the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, and has conducted research and analysis of numerous university intellectual property policies.
Amanda is an active supporter of the startup and STEM community throughout the Capital Region. She serves as a judge for the Capital District Invention Competition at the Museum of Innovation and Science. Additionally, Amanda frequents StartUp Tech Valley which is powered by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Severino Center for Technological Entreprenuership.
- Prepared numerous patent applications in various technical fields. She handles US patent prosecution for small and large corporate clients, including two Fortune 100 companies.
- Work with foreign affiliates in representing clients on foreign prosecution matters.
- Advise several startup company clients in connection with intellectual property portfolio development.
- Helps to maximize the breadth of clients’ patent portfolios by advising clients on the filing of continuation, divisional and continuation-in-part applications.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Severino Center for Technological Entreprenuership
- Albany Law School, Government Law Center: Patents for students from State University of New York Polytechnic Institute, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- Albany Law School, Intellectual Property Society
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Alliance of Young Professionals
- Capital Region Woman @ Work